This 3-day course provides human resources generalists, equal employment opportunity/affirmative action specialists, and in-house counsel who are new to the field with:
Our experienced facilitators engage participants in exercises that address everyday compliance issues including:
- - A practical understanding of the fundamental principles and requirements of the federal equal employment opportunity laws,
- - An overview of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s charge enforcement process, and
- - Requirements of affirmative action compliance.
The first two days of the course focus on federal laws, including, but not limited to, the Title VII of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination Employment Act, the Equal Pay Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act. Participants also learn about immigration-related employment eligibility verification requirements and employment practices that help prevent discrimination in the workplace.
- - Preventing, identifying, and addressing employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation,
- - Establishing nondiscriminatory employment practices,
- - Taking initial steps after receiving a compliant of employment discrimination, and
- - Identifying compliance actions to take during an AAP year.
The final day of the course covers basic affirmative action compliance, including an overview of affirmative action plan components and actions participants can take to ensure that affirmative action programs are effective and successful.
The course starts each day at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 5:00 pm.
Participants should bring a laptop or tablet devise (along with a power cord) in order to access material from CWC’s learning management system during the course. CWC offers free Wi-Fi and power outlets in the classroom.
CWC courses have met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit. CWC also is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits for SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
CWC provides continental breakfast and lunch each day of the course. Please contact us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions.
This course is held at CWC, located in downtown Washington, DC, 1501 M Street, NW; just three blocks from the McPherson Square/White House Metro station. Participants are responsible for making their own travel and hotel reservations. Check the hotel list for nearby hotels.
CWC’s courses are designed to encourage candid questions and comments among participants, so the use of any type of recording device is not permitted. If you need auxiliary aids or services to participate in the course due to a disability, please contact us prior to the first day of the course.