Under the Trump Administration, Requests For Evidence (RFEs) in response to visa petitions have become more common especially with the heightened scrutiny on petitions for H-1B visas. In response to the coronavirus pandemic, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that it will continue to provide automatic 60 day extensions to assist applicants and petitioners who are responding to the following documents if received between March 1st and July 1st, 2020:
• Requests for Evidence (RFE);
• Continuations to Request Evidence (N-14);
• Notices of Intent to Deny (NOID);
• Notices of Intent to Revoke;
• Notices of Intent to Rescind and Notices of Intent to Terminate regional investment centers; and
• Filing date requirements for Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion.